Saturday, November 12, 2011

Repost: If you really knew me you would know…..

This is a post I had written for a blog swap but I wanted to post it in full here before I moved on because it was so important to me.

So I have been wanting to blog about this for a really long time but I think it’s the hardest to write about something personal that you love because you expose a part of yourself, but here it goes…..

Let me preface this by saying loud and clear that I have never done anything like this and I am quite possibly one of the most uncoordinated people on the planet. That being said if you really knew me you would know that I have become absolutely obsessed with something called Oula. If you haven’t heard about this I have no doubt that you will one day soon. It is a cardio dance class that is literally one of the most fun things (especially exercise related) that I have ever done. It is filled with top 40’s music and I feel like it is somewhere that I can let everything else go and rock out and let the music move me. I leave the classes feeling energized, happy, and excited (how many times can you say that after you have been sweating like crazy at the gym for an hour).

IMG_4729-2

Yes this is me ugh I am so not photogenic but I had was part of a project where we were photographed doing some of the Oula movements and it was actually a blast.

 

In my head when I am dancing I look like this……(PS this is not me although it is the founder and creative director of the program and she is AMAZING)

image

But I am pretty sure I look more like Elaine form Seinfeld (if you saw that episode you will know what I mean)….

image

The fact of the matter is that you don’t have to be a great dancer to go to this class and have it change something inside of you. It is amazing stress relief and great cardio obviously, but more than that I feel like it’s just plain good for my energy. How cheesy I know and I sound like an infomercial but there it is friends I couldn’t imagine my week without this as part of my routine.

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool! I have never done anything like this, but I totally love dancing so I bet I would have the time of my life, haha. I have friends who do zumba and they love it. Keep it up! It sounds like you've been making some great friends and having a great time. =)

    ReplyDelete